Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Favorite Movie: Pride and Prejudice

You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love...I love...I love you.
        Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time movies to watch. The movie is dramatic, but also open ups a view of that time period. I personally can say this is my favorite movie because it is a love story set back in the 1800s, reflects on of my favorite books, and makes me want to know more about that historic time period.
        Pride and Prejudice, the book, can be hard to read in general. It took me two to three times to read to understand what Jane Austin is actually saying in her text. Most people always say that books are always better than the movie, but in this case I think it evenly tied as both being pretty amazing. Jane Austin's literature is set back in time with the older English. This may be hard for people to read, but the movie really puts her words into perspective.
        This movie is about a young lady living in a middle class household with four other sisters. They are all looking for eligible husbands to be wed to. Elizabeth Bennett, the main character, is fighting against herself to be independent, but falls for Mr. Darcy unexpectedly. The two crossed lovers are stuck between his wealth and her rank and place of her family. This love story opens up a new chapter for women to be independent but to have faith in someone to care for them when the time is right. It makes me realize the struggles women had back in that time period and how marriage at a certain age was a big deal. The love story is complicated, with the Elizabeth, and her smart and spunky personality. The movies makes me want to keep watching it over and over to really understand what they are saying.
        I love watching this movie because it makes me want to learn more about that historic time period and read more of Jane Austin's novels. I know this may be somewhat of an older book and time period, but I enjoy the romanticism and representation of women through Jane Austin's words. Overall, Pride and Prejudice should be watched to understand and witness a timeless love story.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment